Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Assignment

Once you have successfully set up your blog and decided what templates you will have on your page, complete the following:
1. Write out your username, password, and url. I suggest that you keep this on a word document and save it on your file folder rather than on a loose sheet of paper.
2. in your first post, write a brief autobiography of yourself that includes the following:
a. Your personal writing interests. What kinds of writing do you like to do? What do you want to spend time on over the next four months?
b. A brief description of a writer (or a few writers) whose work you appreciate or find interesting to read. Explain why you enjoy his/her writing style.
c. A sample of your own writing. This may be the metaphor poem you have written, another poem, a prompt you wrote in class, or another creative piece.
3. Visit and leave a comment on at least two other people's blog.

6 comments:

Bethany Joy said...

does commenting on your blog count as one of our two people?
~bethany
PS. i have to change my signy thing to bethany from noriel, i've been using this account for a while, so i haven't changed that

pancakes said...

Last year in GRV I was really surprised when I enjoyed the book The Things They Carried. It really opened my mind to what really happened in the war. It helped me to understand the hardship of the Vietnam War. It showed courage, friendship, and most importantly how to tell a true war story versus a fake war story. I feel this was surprising because normally I do not enjoy stories about really hard times, especially war. This story had great description and a great message.

natalie said...

One time I liked a book and didn't think that I would was when I read To Kill a Mockingbird. I really didn't want to ready it because I really have never been a fan of the books that we have had to read in school but I read it anyways. I really enjoyed it because Boo Radley really reminded me of one of my neighbors and I found that funny. I liked how the book related to my real life.

muna w. said...

hi mrs B. i like on how you viewed the passage. its true sometimes you feel lonely and it good to have someone by your side.

tcarr said...

I found this stevie wonder quote while visiting COlorado State Univ, a few weeks ago. "We all have the ability; the difference is how we use it." This past summer, I have truly learned how to use my ability. Through lifting every day, landscaping 10 hours a day five days a week, strengthening relationships and really exploring my college choices I have found my path to my true ability.

Anonymous said...

Last year in lit with Mrs. Jerrett, I actually liked Peace Like a River. The aspect of the father having divine powers drew me in. Also, I read it once before for outside reading and the second time through provided a much better experiance. The whole family tried to hide from the truth that Davy was a murdurer, and it took them up untill the end to fully realize that he did wrong. They did not, how ever, let go of the fact that he was family, and they would not get him into trouble and feed him to the cops. Peace Like a River was a suprisingly good book.